Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS) Management System (ISO45001:2018)
ISO 45001 is an international Standard that specifies requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS) Management System. It is intended to be applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and nature. ISO 45001 enables an organisation, through its OH&S management system, to integrate other aspects of health and safety, such as worker wellness/wellbeing; however, it should be noted that an organisation can be required by applicable legal requirements to also address such issues.
Areas of ISO 45001 certification:
– Hazard identification, risk assessment and determining controls.
– Legal and other requirements.
– Objectives and OHS program(s).
– Competence, training and awareness.
– Emergency preparedness and response.
– Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement.
What will be the benefits of using ISO 45001?
– An ISO 45001 based OH&S management system will enable an organisation to improve its OH&S performance by:
– Developing and implementing an OH&S policy and OH&S objectives
– Determining the hazards and OH&S risks associated with its activities; seeking to eliminate them, or putting in controls to minimize their potential effects
– Establishing operational controls to manage its OH&S risks and its legal and other requirements
– Increasing awareness of its OH&S risks
– Evaluating its OH&S performance and seeking to improve it, through taking appropriate actions
– Ensuring workers take an active role in OH&S matters
– In combination, these measures will ensure that an organisation’s reputation as a safe place to work will be promoted, and can have more direct benefits, such as:
– Improving its ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
– Reducing the overall costs of incidents
– Reducing downtime and the costs of disruption to operations
– Reducing the cost of insurance premiums
– Reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates
– Recognition for having achieved an international benchmark (which may in turn influence customers who are concerned about their social responsibilities)
VERITAS CONSULTANTS Assists you with:
VERITAS CONSULTANTS provide you Auditing, Consulting services throughout the process. We can also assist you with the Certification body which have to be done on each and every year.
ISO 9001:2008 had been upgraded to ISO 45001:2018 Version. So, companies want to upgrade it to new version can also contact VERITAS CONSULTANTS PTE LTD. We will be assisting you on all aspects.